We are a Christian school that fully embraces the Anglican ethos inherited by the Hong Kong Sheng Kung Hui, which forms the basis of the curriculum design and implementation for the nurture of the next generation. We provide holistic education for our students by taking the Christian value as an essential element in the entire school curriculum. For this reason, students are required to attend all lessons, school events and educational activities provided by our schools.
(The English version is adopted at the meeting of the Standing Commission on Education, HKSKH on 3 March 2015)
I. Mission Statement in Education
The Hong Kong Sheng Kung Hui’s Mission in Education is to promote the ethos of Christian whole-person education which can be best summarized in the Book of Proverbs Chapter 22 Verse 6 “Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.” In so doing HKSKH schools are sharing God’s love and the Gospel with teachers, staff, students and their families, and helping students to set goals in their lives with meaning and purpose basing upon Christian values and the Anglican traditions.
II. Objectives and Vision in Education
To establish and operate efficiently, strategically located Anglican schools that offer quality education which are financially accessible to local communities, and to evangelize the Gospel of Jesus Christ to students, staff, parents and the community at large.
III. Core Values in Education
- Encouragement of students’ spiritual awareness, inquiry and an informed response to the teaching of Christ.
- The teaching of a biblically based programme of Christian studies as an integral part of the school curriculum.
- The incorporation of Christian values and the development of personal ethics.
- The promotion of a culture of active service for others to put in practice the teaching of the Christian faith.
- The provision of a high standard of purposeful pastoral care for all students.
- A strong focus on learning for life and intellectual rigour.
- The provision of a safe, orderly and disciplined environment for learning and growth.
- The development of a broad curriculum that values the arts and sciences, physical fitness, personal development and health, technology and the environment.
- The provision of opportunities for the development of talents in students.
- The provision of support for students with special needs.
- A regard for academic excellence and a commitment to the progressive attainment of high academic standards.
- An affirmation of and respect for the integrity of the individual.
- An emphasis on personal responsibility and respect for others.
- The development of a sense of social justice.
- The promotion of culture in which staff undertake continuous learning through professional development.